How To Season A Red Copper Pan And Make It Last: Tips And Tricks
Are you thinking about buying the innovative, non-stick Red Copper Pan? It’s a great tool with several benefits to make your cooking experience easier. What sets a Red Copper Pan apart from other kitchenware is its lightweight, non-stick ceramic quality. The Red Copper Pan is specifically designed to keep your food from sticking while minimizing annoying scraping and scratching, which can diminish the quality of the pan. Here’s the perks of the Red Copper Pan compared with most normal frying pans:
- It’s made with an ultra-strong, durable copper material optimized for non-stick and scratch resistance.
- You can use it safely in an oven up to 500 degrees.
- It’s free of PFOA (Perfluorooctanoic acid) and PTFE (Polytetrafluoreothylene).
- You can cook food without using butter or oil.
Like with many functional kitchen tools, it requires some additional know-how for it to work its best. Before you use your Red Copper Pan, you’ll have to season it to ensure it cooks reliably and consistently. That may sound weird (after all, you’re not eating the pan!), but the process of seasoning your pan is essential. Read on to learn how to season a Red Copper Pan quickly and easily.
What You'll Need
- A Red Copper Pan. If it’s brand new, you should perform these steps before using the pan to cook food.
- About one tablespoon of vegetable oil (other types of cooking oil can be used, but vegetable oil is recommended for cooking surfaces that are non-stick). You don’t need very much – just enough to lightly coat the pan. A few other options include lard, peanut oil, grapeseed oil or canola oil. You should not use butter or olive oil, as these start to smoke faster.
- Water (from the facet), to rinse the pan.
- Soap. Mild dish soap would be best.
- Stove-top OR oven. It’s your choice – oven is generally the more common option.
- Paper towel. For spreading the oil.
- A soft cloth. This will be used to gently wash the pan. It can also be used to spread the oil.
- Oven mitts, for safety.
Step By Step Instructions for How to Season your Red Copper Pan
Step One: Pre-wash the Pan
Before you start the seasoning process, you’ll need to very gently wash the pan with warm water and dish soap. Do not scrub it! This could cause abrasions if the pan is brand new. Instead, use a soft cloth to gently lather in the soap. Rinse out the pan and make sure it’s completely dry and free of soap. This is an important step to ensure the pan is free from any harmful chemicals or substances, especially if the pan is just out of the packaging.
For some pro tips on how to clean out copper-made kitchenware that has been tarnished from long-term use, check out this video.
Step Two: Add the Oil to the Pan and Coat
Add in a tablespoon or so of vegetable oil. Take the paper towel (or a soft cloth) and gently spread the oil evenly across the surface of the pan. Get the bottom as well as the sides. Again, make sure to use a type of oil that doesn’t heat very quickly; this could cause the oil to burn and diminish the benefits of seasoning the pan as it dries after heating.
Step Three: Heat in the Stove or Oven
You have a choice here. You can either use the stovetop or the oven to heat up the pan – it’s totally your preference! Make sure you use your oven mitts when touching the handle of the hot pan.
For the oven: Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure the oven is fully preheated, and then insert the oiled pan into the oven. Let it “cook” for 20 minutes. Remove it from the heat. To see a demonstration of a Red Copper Pan being seasoned using an oven, check out video below. The video also shows how the pan can be used to cook eggs quickly without any sticking or burning.
For the stovetop: Turn the stovetop to medium heat. Place the pan on the stove and wait until it begins to smoke. Remove it from the heat. Here is a tip from TVStuffReviews: If you’re concerned about the heat and smoke, heat the pan first (before putting in the oil) for about 30 seconds on low, and then add the oil to the warmed pan.
Step Four: Wait, Dry, Use, Repeat!
At this point, you’ll want to make sure the vegetable oil on the pan thoroughly dries. This will ensure that the oil fills all the inconsistencies in the pan (pits can exist from the finishing process even if you don’t see them).
After the oil is completely cooled and dried, take a clean paper towel or soft cloth and wipe away the excess oil. At this stage, your pan is ready to be used for cooking! To see a seasoned Red Copper Pan in action, check out video below.
Season your pan at least once or twice a year to maintain its effectiveness. For the best results, season it every few months, which will help maintain the integrity of the pan and ensure it remains non-stick.
How to Season a Red Copper Pan for Years of Enjoyment and Reliability
While there are several options for non-stick pans on the market, a Red Copper Pan is a great choice if you’re looking for something free of chemicals, lightweight and able to withstand high levels of heat conduction.
Seasoning your pan every few months is a fast and easy to make your pan last longer. It will make all the difference in how easily food will cook in the pan without sticking, so don’t forget to gently clean and season your pan right after you buy it.
Buying Guide: Which Red Copper Pan Will Suit You The Best?
Many would assume that all red copper pans are same and can be used for different cooking procedures. Well, it is somewhat true, but if you are looking for a red copper pan that can fulfill your cooking style in the best possible way, then it is better to pick such a product, which is dedicatedly made for your cooking style or the kind of cooking you do on a daily basis.
If you are more into baking and frying, then Copper Chef Deep Square Pan will suit your requirements in the best way. Though you can broil, saute and steam the food in this pan, baking and frying are the two most common types of cooking that can be easily done in this red copper pan.
In case, you need a red copper pan in which you can shallow fry your favorite food, then you can opt for Red Copper Non-Stick Pan, which consists of copper-induced ceramic. For small-scale and quick meals, you can make use of this pan and get your cooking part completed easily. Food will be cooked in a less period of time and with uniformity. The pan is oven safe, easy to clean and safe to use.
If you want to have a red copper pan that allows you to cook any type of food using any cooking style with great precision, then you should check out Gotham Steel Nonstick Frying Pan, which is again a microwave oven safe, dishwasher safe and 100% reliable pan. From baking to deep frying and broiling to sautéing, you can use this pan for any type of cooking. Just don’t use them with induction; except that, the pan is really amazing and will add a value and an aesthetic appeal to your kitchen.
Did you enjoy this tutorial? Comment below! Please share with your friends so they can start seasoning their own non-stick pans, just as professional chefs do. Happy cooking!
- Water Softener Reviews Consumer Report: Best Rated & Picks
- Pool Cleaner Reviews Consumer Report: 7 Best Rated & Picks
- Reviews Of 5 Best Kitchen Faucets Consumer Report: Top Rated
- Best Reverse Osmosis System Reviews By Consumer Report
- Best Recliners Reviews Consumer Report: Top Rated Chairs
- Best Garbage Disposals Consumer Report: Reviews Of Top Rated
- Consumer Report Best Water Flosser: Reviews Of Top Rated
- Best Side Sleeper Pillow Consumer Report: Reviews And Picks
- Bathtub Reviews Consumer Report: 10 Best Rated & Picks
- The Best Solar Lights Consumer Report: Reviews Of Top Rated
- Best Foot Massager Consumer Report: Reviews & Top Picks
- Best Electric Smokers Consumer Report: Reviews And Ratings
- The Best Pellet Grill Consumer Report: Reviews Of Top Pick
- Consumer Report Best Zero Turn Mowers: Reviews Of Top Rated
- Best CPAP Cleaner Reviews: Top Rated Soclean Vs VirtuClean
- Consumer Report Best Mattress For Heavy Person: Top Rated
- Reviewing The Best Whole House Water Filter Consumer Report
- The Best Massage Chair Consumer Report: Reviews Of Top Rated