How to Make a Great Blueberry Smoothie Without Yogurt
Yogurt is a common ingredient in fruit smoothies, but some people either can’t have dairy or don’t want it in their diet. If you are looking for yogurt-free smoothies, it can be a challenge to find something that will give your smoothie a nice consistency and make it taste great. Learning how to make a blueberry smoothie without yogurt is easier than you think. There are a few different ways that you can make dairy-free smoothies, so you will have options to choose from. To create a delicious blueberry smoothie that contains no yogurt, be sure to follow our simple tips.
What You Need to Make a Blueberry Smoothie Without Yogurt
To make a basic blueberry smoothie without yogurt, you have a few different options for extra ingredients. You can use milk alternatives, juices, bananas and other fruits to create delicious smoothies all without breaking open a container of yogurt. We’ll break it down for you here so you can select the best option for you.
Blueberry Smoothie with Milk Alternative
If you want a smooth and creamy smoothie that tastes like a dairy smoothie, you can switch out the yogurt for a milk alternative. Popular options are coconut, almond, cashew or soy milk. If you have a different milk alternative that you enjoy, feel free to give it a try.
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 cup of soy, almond, coconut or cashew milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Ice cubes (optional)
Blueberry Smoothie with Banana
Bananas are now a common ingredient in ice creams and smoothies to substitute a healthier option than dairy products. For a very simple blueberry smoothie, you can use frozen bananas to create the consistency you want in a smoothie.
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 teaspoons honey
Blueberry Smoothie with Juice
Juice is an easy way to add some much needed moisture to a smoothie. To get a smoothie with a frozen, but still liquid, consistency, you can put a combination of juice and ice cubes in your smoothie. The best part is that you can put any juice you would like in your smoothie. While orange juice and apple juice are common selections, you could opt for pomegranate or pineapple juice.
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 cup juice of your choice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Ice cubes
Blueberry Smoothie with Fruit
Similar to the banana option, you can use other fruits to create a delicious smoothie. This option contains both orange juice and other fruits. This is a more tropical tasting version of a blueberry smoothie, and it has more fruit packed into it.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 slices of fresh pineapple
- 2 slices frozen peaches
How to Make a Blueberry Smoothie Without Yogurt
Smoothies are very easy to make, which may be why they are some of the most popular options for a light meal. The best part is that you can pack a lot of different nutrients into a smoothie. Fruits are full of vitamins and minerals that you need to stay healthy.
Step 1: Prep the ingredients and blender
First, you need a blender that is strong enough to blend ice or frozen fruit. Once you have your blender out, you will want to prep your fruits. Regardless of what fruits you are adding to the blender, you will want to make sure they are rinsed off. Next, make sure that all fruits are cut to an appropriate size to be blended in the blender.
Step 2: Add other ingredients to blender
Regardless of what you put in your smoothie other than the fruit, you will want to add it in at this stage. If you are using ice, start with only a small amount, as you can always add more if you need to later. Once you get everything in the blender, move to step 3.
Step 3: Blend!
Now, you should blend up everything that is in the blender. If you don’t like the consistency, you can make it thicker or thinner at this point. This is also the stage where you can add more fruit or sweetener if you need to, as well. You can taste as you go to make your smoothie just the way you want it. Blend until completely smooth.
Step 4: Pour and enjoy
Pour your smoothie from the blender into your favorite cup and enjoy! If you made enough for more than one smoothie, you can freeze the leftovers. You will just want to be sure that you put it in a freezer-safe container. To thaw the leftovers, you will want to let them sit out for a few minutes until they are soft enough to put in an individual glass. If it is still too thick, you can microwave it in short intervals until it is less frozen. Be sure you don’t overheat it, however, or it will get runny and warm.
If you need to make a smoothie sans yogurt, you have a number of different options that will give you a good dose of vitamins and minerals, all without the calories or dairy from the yogurt. You don’t have to sacrifice taste or quality for a great dairy-free smoothie. Using juice, milk alternatives and other fruits you have many different options, even beyond what is listed above. Trade our fruits or juices to get a unique flavor every day. You can even add vegetables to get more vitamins and minerals.
Did you enjoy our easy tutorial on how to make a blueberry smoothie without yogurt? Do you think you have all the knowledge you need to start making dairy-free or yogurt-free smoothies?
If you have any additional questions or comments, please let us know in the comments section. Please share this article if you found it helpful.
- Water Softener Reviews Consumer Report: Best Rated & Picks
- Pool Cleaner Reviews Consumer Report: 7 Best Rated & Picks
- Reviews Of 5 Best Kitchen Faucets Consumer Report: Top Rated
- Best Reverse Osmosis System Reviews By Consumer Report
- Best Recliners Reviews Consumer Report: Top Rated Chairs
- Best Garbage Disposals Consumer Report: Reviews Of Top Rated
- Best Side Sleeper Pillow Consumer Report: Reviews And Picks
- Bathtub Reviews Consumer Report: 10 Best Rated & Picks
- Reviews Of 10 Best Espresso Machines By Consumer Report
- Consumer Report Best Gas Grill: Reviews Of Top Rated Picks
- Patio Furniture Reviews Consumer Report: Best Rated & Picks
- Reviews Of 7 Best Trampolines Consumer Report
- Reviews Of 5 Best Sewing Machines Consumer Report
- Reviews Of 5 Best Coffee Makers Consumer Report
- Reviews Of 5 Best Kitchen Knife Set Brands Consumer Report
- The Best Solar Lights Consumer Report: Reviews Of Top Rated
- Reviews Of 10 Best Meat Slicers Consumer Report
- Best Electric Smokers Consumer Report: Reviews And Ratings
- The Best Pellet Grill Consumer Report: Reviews Of Top Pick
- Consumer Report Best Zero Turn Mowers: Reviews Of Top Rated
- Reviews Of 5 Best Air Fryers Consumer Report
- Consumer Report Best Mattress For Heavy Person: Top Rated
- Reviews Of 5 Best Water Ionizers Consumer Report
- The Best Massage Chair Consumer Report: Reviews Of Top Rated
- Consumer Report Best Water Distillers: Reviews Of Top Picks
- Reviews Of 6 Best Vacuum Sealers Consumer Report
- Best Home Weather Station Consumer Report: Reviews & Picks
- Reviewing 7 Best Recumbent Bikes Consumer Report
- Reviews Of 10 Best Hot Tubs Consumer Report
- Reviews Of 5 Best Dash Cams Consumer Report
Last Updated on December 19, 2020