Car Cover Reviews Consumer Report: Best Rated And Buying
Who said we don’t have an emotional attachment with non-living things? I can’t say about you, but I’m very emotionally attached to my things, especially my car. If you own a car and if it is your favorite car as well, then I’m sure you must be emotionally attached to it, I mean the connection builds automatically because you have bought it with your hard-earned money, so you want to keep it in a mint condition.
A car just like any other machine is made to last long. However, it is only going to last long if you maintain it well. The first line of maintenance begins with choosing a car cover for your car. A quality car cover will protect the car from dust, dirt, debris and all those things that fly outside on a windy night.
So, you must be thinking now as to which car cover will suit your car. Well, to find an answer to that question, you will have to go through car cover reviews consumer report, which are as follows.
Reviews Of 5 Best Car Covers Consumer Report
1. Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPro Full-Size Sedan Car Cover
When scouting for a reliable car cover that can withstand the wrath of storms in which elements of all sizes and shapes fly madly, this car cover is definitely worth paying attention to.
This is an ideal cover for 4-door sedans, but you can cover any vehicle that is around 200 inches long and 170 inches wide because the width of the zipper is 175 inch and the length is 220 inch, which is good enough to accommodate a sedan.
A zipper is provided on the driver side door to make it easier for you to open and close the cover.
In case, your car has an extended antenna, then you can make it come out of the antenna reinforcement patch. If not in use, you can place the car cover into the storage bag in which it came.
This is an all-season car cover, so it doesn’t matter if it is snowing, raining or windy outside, your car is going to remain protected inside the cover.
This is an elastic cover, so you can easily place the cover all over the car and it will adjust to the contour of the car perfectly.
2. XCAR Universal Breathable Dust Prevention Car Cover
If you own a hatchback or a sedan, then this car cover is going to protect your car in the best way.
The reason why this car cover is on my list of best car covers because it ticks all the points that I have on the list of criteria for the best car cover.
This car cover is affordable, so you don’t have to think, ‘I have to spend a lot on the car cover after spending thousands of dollars on the car itself’.
That concern is out of the picture now. Secondly, this car cover includes a cable and lock that keeps the cover intact even when the strong winds are blowing outside.
You don’t just get protection against the dust, moisture, and debris, but also from harmful UV rays, which is the biggest enemy of the car paint.
The company is selling the product in three lengths, which are 200-228, 185-200 and 170-185. You can buy the cover as per the length of your car.
This cover is going to be a snug fit, thanks to the elastic hems. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about dust sneaking in from the corners because it won’t.
3. Budge Lite Medium SUV Cover
Let’s talk about the covers for big boys, i.e., the SUVs. This SUV cover is made of polypropylene synthetic material, which adds durability to the cover and helps it last long as well.
Covering your SUV with this SUV cover will ensure protection against moisture, bird droppings, dust and UV rays.
Despite the fact, this car cover is by far the most basic, but it is just about the right cover you need for your SUV.
As this is an elastic cover too, then you will have some wiggle room while applying the cover. When not in use, you can fold the cover and put it in the storage bag.
You get to choose from four different sizes, which are, 162, 186, 210 and 229 inches. Therefore, depending upon the size of your SUV, you can choose the right cover for your SUV.
4. Budge Lite Sedan Car Cover
Budget Lite has also got some sedan car covers, and we are going to discuss one of those. The length of the car covers becomes less in the sedan section, but you know why that is so.
You will get to choose from five options, which are, 157, 170, 200, 228 and 264 inches. So, pick the right car cover that fits on your sedan perfectly.
This is a durable cover and you can make that out after seeing the double stitched seams on the cover.
When not in use, you can fold and put the cover in its storage bag. Like all other covers, this one is also going to protect your car from snow, wind, rain, dust and UV rays.
A good thing about this cover is that the price of the cover doesn’t change much with the change of the size of the cover.
5. OxGord Economy Auto Cover Custom SUV, Van and Trucks
OxGord is another company that is known for its quality car covers. The one I’m discussing here is made for SUVs, Vans, and trucks, so if you are driving one of these, then you can choose OxGord Economy Auto Cover Custom.
You have the options in terms of the size of the cover, so pick the one that you think would cover your car entirely.
The shortest size that comes in this car cover is 171 inches with the maximum going to 229 inches. So, choose the one depending on the size of your SUV, truck or van.
The price of this car cover is quite affordable, but that doesn’t mean, it is an average car cover because it is not.
It can provide a comprehensive protection to your vehicle against all the Mother Nature elements that are harmful to your car.
Types Of Car Covers
There are three main types of car covers to choose from, those are:
- Indoor Car Covers
- Outdoor Car Covers
- All-Weather Car Covers
Indoor Car Covers: These provide the lowest level of protection because the cars on which these are placed are parked inside a closed garage.
Therefore, cars don’t need to be protected against adverse weather conditions. These covers offer protection against water, dust, and dirt, which is what the users require in the first place.
Outdoor Car Covers: These are much better than indoor car covers because these are designed to protect the vehicles when they are parked outside and supposed to bear the brunt of the harsh weather conditions.
A quality outdoor car cover comprises of a strap system that keeps the cover intact no matter how harsh the wind blows.
Moreover, the car will get protection against harmful UV rays, which can fade away the paint of the car.
All-Weather Car Covers: If you live in an area where the weather goes extreme, then you will love to have an all-weather car cover as a protective shield for your car against the hailstorms, heavy rains, snow, and harsh winds.
These covers are thicker, bulkier and more reliable, thus ensuring the safety of your car.
Advantages Of Using Car Covers
While there are a number of advantages of using a car cover, but I will just discuss the most important:
- You get a comprehensive protection for your car against a wide range of pollutants whilst it is parked in the garage.
- Depending upon the quality of the car cover, you can certainly expect them to safeguard your car against the extreme weather conditions as well.
- A car cover on a number of occasions has proved to be a good deterrent for potential thieves.
- Covering your car with a cover while it rests in the garage will reduce the cost of maintenance as well.
- Your car is always going to be in a pristine condition because a number of dings and scratches are prevented because of the cover.
- Top quality car covers are made from breathable fabric, thus preventing the accumulation of rust, mildew, and mold on the cover.
In the end, I would just like to mention that a car cover is not an additional accessory that you can avoid. Therefore, the question is whether to buy a car cover or not, but the question is which car cover should you buy.
To get the best answer to that question, you can read car cover reviews consumer report because this is how you can get the clarity of this particular product. Select the best car cover and protect your car from extreme weather conditions.
- Water Softener Reviews Consumer Report: Best Rated & Picks
- Pool Cleaner Reviews Consumer Report: 7 Best Rated & Picks
- Reviews Of 5 Best Kitchen Faucets Consumer Report: Top Rated
- Best Reverse Osmosis System Reviews By Consumer Report
- Best Recliners Reviews Consumer Report: Top Rated Chairs
- Best Garbage Disposals Consumer Report: Reviews Of Top Rated
- Consumer Report Best Water Flosser: Reviews Of Top Rated
- Best Side Sleeper Pillow Consumer Report: Reviews And Picks
- Bathtub Reviews Consumer Report: 10 Best Rated & Picks
- The Best Solar Lights Consumer Report: Reviews Of Top Rated
- Best Foot Massager Consumer Report: Reviews & Top Picks
- Best Electric Smokers Consumer Report: Reviews And Ratings
- The Best Pellet Grill Consumer Report: Reviews Of Top Pick
- Consumer Report Best Zero Turn Mowers: Reviews Of Top Rated
- Best CPAP Cleaner Reviews: Top Rated Soclean Vs VirtuClean
- Consumer Report Best Mattress For Heavy Person: Top Rated
- Reviewing The Best Whole House Water Filter Consumer Report
- The Best Massage Chair Consumer Report: Reviews Of Top Rated