Best Steak Knives Reviews Consumer Ratings & Reports 2021
While there are a countless number of knives available on the market, but if you are looking for knives that look premium and cut meat in an impeccable fashion, then you have to take a look at steak knives. These are made of either stainless steel or high-carbon stainless steel, which make them resistant to rust, stains, and pits. The industry of steak knives is growing with every passing day, and if you are interested in buying a steak knife set, then you will be completely overwhelmed after seeing a copious amount of options available on the market. Therefore, the best option for you would be, following the best steak knives consumer reports in which I’ve reviewed seven best products in detail.
Reviews Of 7 Best Steak Knives Consumer Ratings & Reports
1. Bellemain Premium Stainless Steel Steak Knife (Set of 4)
- A premium-looking steak knife set, which will definitely add an aesthetic appeal to your kitchen.
- The blades of this knife set are made with ice-tempered stainless steel that is 5 inches in size.
- The inclusion of a full tang allows better maneuverability and control over tough food items such as meats.
- Hollow edge blades are used in the knives, which offers smooth and beautiful slices and doesn’t let the knife stick on the meat.
- You don’t need to sharpen the knife set, which is another plus point of the product.
- The company offers a money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the product.
2. Foxel Non-Serrated German Stainless Steel Steak Knives (Set Of 4, 8 or 12)
- Designed by ‘Foxel’, the famous kitchenware specialists of Las Vegas, this stainless steel steak knife set doesn’t just look good but perform excellently.
- Made up of Thyssen-Krupp Stainless Steel, you can expect this knife set to last long, really long.
- The razor-sharp straight edge on the knives will cut through the toughest meats as if you are cutting butter.
- The knife sits comfortably in your hand because of its less weight and strong grip. The easy-grip handle of the knife is triple riveted for extra stability and security.
- The knife sports a full tang, so you will not find any difficulty cutting any fruit, vegetable or meat with this knife.
- The company offers a 1-year money back guarantee, so if you’re not satisfied with the functioning of this knife set (which you definitely will), then your money will be refunded.
3. Messermeister L8684-5/4S Avanta Set Steak Knife, 5", Brown
- If you want a steak knife for serious cutting business, then buy Messermeister Avanta Steak Knife Set because it’s 5-inch blade is razor sharp.
- The knife itself is made from high-carbon stainless steel, so it is going to be efficient and long-lasting due to its rust-free properties.
- Despite being an economical knife set, it can give premium steak knife sets a run for their money.
- The knife comes with an upswept boning edge to smoothly separate the steak from its T-bone. Whereas, the fine edge of the knife neatly slices through all types of meats and joints.
- The knife is topped by a water-resistant pakkawood handle, which gives you a solid grip over the knife.
- You’ll also get a lifetime warranty on this knife set, which shows the company has really made a gem of a product.
4. J.A. Henckels International Stainless Steel 8-Piece Steak Knife Set
- Starting from the construction of the unit, then it includes a corrosion-resistant stainless steel handle and blade. The entire unit has been designed from a single piece, thus making it a durable unit.
- The knives have a serrated edge, so you don’t have to sharpen them.
- The triple riveted handle of the knife feels good in the hand and is easier to grip.
- You can even clean these knives in the dishwasher, as they are dishwasher safe.
- The lifetime warranty offered by the company on this product says a lot about its efficiency and reliability.
5. Flying Colors Laguiole 6-Pc Stainless Steel Steak Knife Set. Stainless Steel
- Flying Colors Laguiole steak knife set is ideal to suit the requirements of your family. The 6-piece set is made of premium quality materials for an elegant and infinitely practical finish.
- The core of the knives is made of high-quality stainless steel. As far as the handle is concerned, then you can choose from eight different designs (I’ll recommend olive wood handle).
- The razor sharp blade of the knife is 4 inches long and you will get smooth and consistent cuts every time.
- The knife set meets all the requirements of a family. Moreover, the beautiful design of the set makes it an ideal gift choice as well.
- If you’re not satisfied with the product, then you can return it within 60 days and get a full refund.
6. Utopia Kitchen Premium Stainless Steel Serrated Steak Knife (Set of 8)
- This is an 8-pc set, and each of these knives is crafted from a single piece of premium quality stainless steel.
- As far as handles are concerned, then those are made of solid stainless steel, which makes the knives durable and long-lasting.
- The knife feels good in the hand, as the ergonomically designed handle ensures that the grip remains firm no matter what you are cutting, slicing or chopping.
- The inclusion of a finger guard keeps your fingers away from the sharp blade of the knife.
- The edges of this knife are micro-serrated, so you don’t have to sharpen them.
7. Chicago Cutlery 1043898 4-Pc Basics Steakhouse Knife Set
- Chicago Cutlery has always been known for making sublime cutlery and kitchen tools, and this steak knife set is no different. It is made of high-carbon stainless steel that is rust, stain and pit resistant.
- The blade of this knife is incredibly sharp, courtesy of 25-degree Taper Grind edge.
- As far as the handle is concerned, then you will get a triple-riveted, natural wood handles along with an ergonomic grip for complete control on the knife.
- The inclusion of a full metal tang provides balance, strength, and control over the knife for precise cutting. Moreover, it keeps the knife stable and safe for use.
Why Should You Get A Steak Knife?
A steak knife can be a part of your kitchen due to several reasons. Basically, you are investing in a steak knife because want to ease up your life by having a knife that will smoothly cut vegetables and meats and save your time in the kitchen. Let’s see how a steak knife will help you:
- A steak knife is worth an investment because it will help you in a number of ways.
- Excellent addition to your kitchen.
- A steak knife will help you cut thick slices of meats perfectly.
- You can learn how to cut premium meats with a steak knife.
- A steak knife is useful for preparing an assortment of things.
- A steak knife helps prepare the food easily.
- For a beautiful looking food, get a steak knife.
How To Choose The Best Steak Knives
Though steak knives seem to a tiny kitchen tool when compared with air fryers, toasters, OTG, etc., but that doesn’t mean you should select a random pack of steak knives. You need to pick the best of the lot and in order to do so, you need to consider a few factors. Here is a rundown of those important factors that you need to consider when buying steak knives.
Type Of Blade
You will see three types of blades in steak knives, serrated, straightedge, and hollow-edge. Serrated blades have jagged edges, so you will have to put in more effort to cut. Moreover, this blade leaves a ragged edge on the food you cut. A good thing about this blade is that it doesn’t need to be sharpened. Straightedge blades are smooth to operate and they easily cut through meats and leave a smooth edge as well.
However, they need to be sharpened quite often. As far as hollow-edge blades are concerned, then they have measured indentations along the blade where air pockets are developed as you cut something with it. Those air pockets allow easy slicing of the meat without the knife getting stuck into the meat. When it comes to the most popular type of blade, then that’s straightedge steak knife’.
The blade size of steak knives ranges from 5 inches to 7 inches. You should prefer a steak knife with a smaller blade as that cuts more easily.
Steak knives are made with different kinds of materials such as stainless steel, high-carbon steel. Where stainless steel is a cheaper and more convenient option, high-carbon steel is expensive and more effective.
You will find three types of handles on steak knives, which are; plastic, wood, and metal. If you like to buy a steak knife that has a wooden handle, then keep in mind not to soak the wood in the water or else the wood will rot. When it comes to easy maintenance, plastic handles are the best.
You need to pay attention to the construction of the knife because that will decide as to how long the knife will last. Check the tang of the knife whether it looks a part of the knife or not. If the tang is not comfortable, then you won’t get the same performance from the steak knife that you were looking for.
You should check the blade and handle whether they are seamlessly joined with each other or look at two different parts. If you see a gap between the handle and blade, then that’s the sign of an inferior knife.
Steak knives are sold in sets of 4, 6, 8 or more. How many knives you want in a set depends completely upon you and your requirements.
With steak knives coming in different shapes, sizes, colors, and designs, you need to find out the set that blends in well with the aesthetics of your kitchen.
The price of steak knives vary from $20 to $400, so you will have to outline a budget as to how much you are willing to shell out for a set of steak knives. Whatever your budget, there are plenty of options lined up for you in the market.
I hope you have got the idea as to which steak knife set you want to buy. It is always easy to select from fewer options because then, you can easily make the right decision. That’s what I have done for you by presenting reviews of seven of the best steak knives as per consumer reports. Therefore, the only job left for you to do is pick a product out of seven, which you think suits your requirements in the most suitable way.
Last Updated on September 16, 2021