Best Iced Tea Makers Reviews Consumer Report: Top Picks
The scorching heat of summers feels like a big tight hot slap on the face. The whole body starts to melt down due to staggering high temperatures. At such a time, if you are able to get a perfect cool drink, then that will be like finding an oasis in the desert. While many would prefer to have carbonated drinks to cool down the body temperature, but I have a better option.
Get the best iced tea maker to make an amazing tea drink that will not just provide all important cooling effect to your body, but also quench your thirst. Now, with so many different iced tea makers available on the market, it is definitely going to take some research and brainstorming in order to identify the best product that delivers perfectly on all your required aspects.
Before we lay down top iced tea maker for you, it is imperative to discuss what an iced tea maker is and other questions related to this product, as you will be using it rather frequently during summer time.
Reviews Of 5 Best Iced Tea Makers Consumer Report
1. Breville BTM800XL One-Touch Tea Maker
This is a very efficient machine that comes with an automated basket churns the tea leaves in order to retrieve all the flavors. The machine is equipped with temperature control settings, so if you are not aware as to what should be the optimum temperature for brewing, then you need not worry. This machine will do it all by itself. The machine is easy to clean and maintain as most parts are dishwasher safe.
- Uniform flavor of the tea every single time.
- A reliable machine that will stay intact for a long period of time.
- Comes with temperature control settings.
- Tea can remain warm in the pitcher for an hour.
- A compact machine that won’t take too much of space on your counter.
- One of the expensive iced tea makers in the market.
- The basket contains large holes.
- Only two cups of iced tea can be prepared in one time
- No facility to boil water.
2. Mr. Coffee TM70 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker
This is another machine that comes with brewing strength selector option. After selecting the right brewing strength, wait for 10 minutes and you will get your flavorful and aromatic iced tea. The machine also comprises of an automatic shut-off button, which activates when the machine is done brewing the tea.
- Cheap yet effective iced tea maker.
- Come with brew strength selector.
- Machine shuts off automatically once the brewing process is complete.
- Can be used to make large batches of iced tea.
- It is not a compact unit.
- Leakage problems can also arise after a certain period.
- Not a dishwasher safe machine.
3. Takeya Flash Chill Iced Tea Maker
This is another compact version of an iced tea maker that will prepare a flavorful cup of iced tea really quick. You need to follow just three simple steps, which are; placing tea leaves of bags in the infuser section of the iced tea maker, adding boiling water into the tea maker and finally, waiting for the tea to infuse with water. Once the tea is fully infused, leave it to cool down a bit, add some ice cubes and enjoy a cup of iced tea. All the parts of Takeya iced tea machine are dishwasher safe, so cleaning won’t be much of a problem.
- Fast chilling of the tea as there is an option of flash chill.
- The device comes with a watertight seal to prevent any leakage.
- The machine doesn’t require any outside power source for operating.
- This machine is cheaper than others having similar kind of features.
- Tea can remain hot for about 60 minutes due to the presence of thermal jacket in the machine.
- Though the components are dishwasher safe, but dishwasher deteriorates the quality and effectiveness of the parts.
- This machine doesn’t work well with loose leaves.
- The pot material can get easily damaged after a few uses.
4. Hamilton Beach 40911 2-Quart Electric Iced Tea Maker
Hamilton Beach iced tea maker is another tea brewer that provides fresh and flavored iced tea within a few minutes. The machine comes with a strength selector from which, you can select the desired brew strength. This is an ideal party machine because it comes with two-quart pitchers that will allow you to whip up batches of iced tea. The shape and design of this iced tea maker make it perfect for picnics. Moreover, you can easily store this machine in your refrigerator.
You will find a 3-step operation in this iced tea maker as well, so if you consider yourself a beginner in making iced tea, then this product is ideal for you. To make things simpler, this machine contains an automatic shut-off feature as well, so once the brewing process is over, the machine turns off automatically.
- Quick and easy brewing of the tea.
- Ability to adjust the brewing strength.
- Automatic shut-off feature further beef up the safety of this machine.
- Not dishwasher safe.
- Some parts are made up of steel metal and thus, they tend to pick up rust after a certain period of time.
- Leakage is also a problem in this machine.
5. Back To Basics Iced Tea Maker
This iced tea maker comes with a 2.5-quart pitcher, which means that it can be used to make big batches of iced tea. The machine is made up of glass, therefore, it can be easily cleaned in a dishwasher.
How much water needs to be added into the pitcher can also be easily determined with the markings that are given on the pitcher itself. The brewing strength can also be adjusted as the machine comprises of a brewing strength selector option. There is no need to worry about loose leaves and tea bags as well because there is a filter basket that comes along with this machine.
- The presence of brewing strength selector option gives more freedom to users.
- The size of pitcher is large, therefore, this machine can make large batches of iced tea.
- Iced tea maker is dishwasher safe.
- A bulky machine.
- Can’t be placed in a refrigerator.
- Sugar added in the process of making iced tea will settle down in the sugar tray.
What Is An Iced Tea Maker?
It becomes quite clear from the name itself that an iced tea maker will be a product that brews iced tea. While we all have our own different way of making conventional tea, which is usually hot, but when it comes to iced tea, the basic procedure somewhat remains the same.
Normal hot tea is made differently in different parts of the world. Iced tea can also be prepared without an iced tea maker, but there are going to be a series of steps that you will have to perform. You will start off with boiling the water with loose tea or a tea bag. Then, you will have to filter the water and take out the tea particles from the water. Now, you will add some sugar, salt and lemon juice into the jug containing filtered filter and mix all things together properly.
Finally, the jug goes into the freezer for cooling and you get flavourful and soothing iced tea. It’s a long process and there is no guarantee on whether the iced tea will have the desired taste or not. Do yourself a favor by getting an iced tea maker. It will not just save a lot of your precious time, but also get you an iced tea, which will have a uniform taste every time.
The core motive of making an iced tea maker is to provide convenience to people like you who want to have something refreshing after coming back home from a long, tiring day at work. A glass of iced tea with a couple of ice cubes will cool down your hothead.
How does An Iced Tea Maker work?
It depends on the brand and model you’ve chosen. Some iced tea makers will boil the water, and then, there are some that will just brew the tea. The rest will have to be done by you. But, there are certain features that are common in all the iced tea makers. These are:
- Boiling of the water: The majority of iced tea makers come with a feature of boiling the water for instances where people want to have a hot cup of tea.If they are roaring for an iced tea, then ice cubes can be added after the tea has been brewed. The first thing that needs to be done is add water into the pitcher. Then, people can decide as to what they want to have.
- Automatic stirring: This is, in my opinion, is the feature for which, the idea of creating iced tea makers has come into its inception.These devices are equipped with filters that aides in the process of brewing the tea. They are far more efficient in stirring the tea, thus resulting in the lesser manual effort.
- Act as a great storage unit: While you all are aware of the multifunctional abilities of an iced tea maker, but what you don’t know is that, an iced tea maker can be used to store iced tea. There is no need to buy a separate pitcher or a storage container.
Reasons To Buy An Iced Tea Maker
Are you still in the confusion whether or not you should be buying an iced tea maker? Well, if the above-mentioned features were not good enough to change your decision, then let me lay down a few more factors that will definitely shift your opinion in favor of getting an iced tea maker.
- Making iced tea will not remain a tedious task anymore.
- Multiple glasses of iced tea can be prepared at once.
- The cost of buying an iced tea maker is less than the cost you would spend on buying iced tea.
- An iced tea maker can be used to make other beverages as well.
- A big pitcher will accompany the iced tea maker.
- You will always get a uniform taste and flavor of the iced tea.
Factors To Consider While Buying An Iced Tea Maker
Though we have discussed multiple reasons to buy an iced tea maker, yet it is important to ask as to what factors you should consider while buying an iced tea maker. So, let’s discuss all those factors in this section.
- Factor No. 1: How much space an iced tea maker will consume on my counter
- Factor No. 2: How often will I be using an iced tea maker.
- Factor No. 3: How much of the iced tea can be prepared and stored in the pitcher.
- Factor No. 4: How easy it is to clean the whole unit after preparing iced tea.
- Factor No. 5: How fast is the brewing speed of the machine.
- Factor No. 6: Will the machine spill water while preparing iced tea?
- Factor No. 7: Does the machine have an auto shut off switch for safety?
- Factor No. 8: Types of tea that can be used, whether loose tea, bagged tea or both.
- Factor No. 9: Is the pitcher dishwasher safe?
Get appropriate answers to these questions while purchasing an iced tea maker because you don’t want to find yourself in a situation later on where you will regret your decision of buying an iced tea maker.
Now, you have understood all the aspects of an iced tea maker, therefore it’s time to unveil the best iced tea maker reviews so that you can finally take a decision as to which product suits you in the most appropriate way.
We have reviewed the best iced tea makers that are currently available on the market. In my opinion, Takeya Flash Chill Iced Tea Maker is the winner because it has got all the features that a person would like to have in an iced tea maker, plus it is reliable.
The product is cheap and comes with an option of instant chilling. The absence of brewing strength selection will definitely result in point loss, yet the machine is worth buying.Other four iced tea makers are also great, so the ball is now in your court. You have to decide which iced tea maker suits your requirements in the best way. Happy Shopping!
Last Updated on September 5, 2020