Best Grill Smoker Combo Reviews Consumer Ratings & Reports
Smoking and grilling are two crowd pleasers when we talk about an old-fashioned backyard barbecue. Where most people would love to have a dedicated smoker or griller, there are many who couldn’t have a dedicated unit because of budget constraints, space issues or other reasons. But, if you too were looking to have a dedicated smoker and griller, but couldn’t get it due to the aforementioned reasons, then there is no need to feel disappointed. Companies have given a thought about this issue; hence they have amalgamated the best of both worlds in a single unit.
Now, you can find grill smoker combos on the market, which can smoke as well as grill the food. The current situation is that there are myriad of grill smoker combos available on the market, which can make the task of finding the best grill smoker combo reviews consumer report extremely difficult. But, you don’t have to go through all those products and do the comparison because we have shortlisted three best grill smoker combo.
You just have to go through these three products and then, take a decision as to which grill smoker combo you want to buy.
Reviews Of 3 Best Grill Smoker Combos Consumer Ratings & Report
1. Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn Grill/Smoker Combo
In a nutshell, this is the best gas charcoal combo grill. This particular model is perfect for a number of users. It doesn’t matter whether you are a novice or an expert in grilling, this product is going to make sure that you always get a delicious, succulent result. This is a 3-in-1 grill smoker that seamlessly blends the comfort of electric ignition with an offset firebox, thus making it easy for users to prepare a host of feasts in a short frame of time.
Let’s discuss some of the highlighting features of this incredible gas charcoal smoker combo.
Fascinating Features Of Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn Grill/Smoker Combo:
- 750 square inch space in the main chamber along with 310 square inch space in the firebox chamber, thus giving a total of 1,060 square inches of cooking space to the users.
- The temperature and airflow can be easily controlled through numerous built-in dampers.
- The unit consists of three main burners along with a gas grilling chamber with a capacity of 12,000 BTU each.
- An additional side burner is also provided in the unit that comprises of a charcoal chimney starter.
- Maneuvering of the unit is quite easy via handles and wheels.
Pros and Cons:
- Quality construction and versatility of the unit makes it a perfect choice for those who are looking to have a grill smoker that lasts for a long-long time.
- You can turn off the additional burner and use it as a side prep space.
- The inclusion of a metal shelf will allow you to add more cooking tools and charcoal bags.
- Removing ash and cleaning up the unit is anything but tedious, all thanks to the door on the firebox.
- Get a free scheduled delivery if buying from Amazon.
- The absence of hooks will make it tough to hang utensils.
- The seal on the hood is not completely locked, thus allowing a passage to the smoke to escape.
- Wheels don’t swivel.
- If you are not using a cover, then you will see rainwater getting accumulated in the grill and grease drip pan.
2. Classic Pit Barrel Cooker Package
This grill smoker is perfect for those who love to cook outdoors. This product has gained a lot of attention in the barbecue industry, especially from top chefs of the world. What makes this grill smoker so great is its ability to perfectly work as a slow cooker and smoker. If you are fascinated by the idea of ‘vertical cooking’, then you should definitely consider buying this product. In order to get smoky, scrumptious and lip-smacking delicacies, you need a product like Classic Pit Barrel Cooker.
Fascinating Features Of Classic Pit Barrel Cooker
- The design of this unit is unique as it allows me to cook my meals rather quickly because I don’t have to regulate smoke or temperature manually.
- The unit houses a coal basket that easily holds a decent amount of charcoal necessary to use per session.
- There is hardly anything to assemble in this unit, so I was able to begin the cooking process after adding charcoal.
- To make cooking easier, the company has provided a couple of hanging rods as well as eight stainless steel hooks. Moreover, a grate has been given in the unit that will come handy while grilling the food.
Pros & Cons
- An easy to use unit that gives consistent results, even for novice BBQ enthusiasts.
- The unit is fully insulated so no chance of heat being escaped from the main cooking area.
- Maintaining this unit is a charm as there aren’t any fragile parts.
- Food remains moist.
- Handling the unit could be a difficult task at times, especially when there is a sudden rise in temperatures because the cooker is made of uninsulated metal.
3. PK Grills The Original PK Grill & Smoker
This is the best charcoal grill smoker combo that is available on the market, and I will let you know why. The simple and sleek design of the unit doesn’t just make it attractive but gives an impression that it will be easier to use.
Fascinating Features Of PK Grills The Original PK Grill & Smoker
- A quality product that is designed and constructed in the United States only.
- Almost all the parts are either made of aluminum and stainless steel, thus making the unit rust proof.
- A wide temperature range of 180 degrees Fahrenheit to 700 degrees Fahrenheit allows different styles of cooking in an efficient manner.
- 4-way venting system given in the unit helps improve the grilling and smoking process.
Pros & Cons
- An old-fashioned and sleek design of the unit attracts people towards itself.
- Not a bulky unit.
- Can be used with hardwood lump charcoal or charcoal briquettes.
- Grill grates are easy to clean and are dishwasher safe.
- Maneuvering this machine is transport, thus making it ideal for those who want to carry a cooking unit on camping or hunting.
- Clean up is going to be a bit difficult because ashes fall down onto the bottom shelf.
- The efficiency of the unit goes up in smoke when used for parties.
- No cover included with the unit, so you will have to protect it from rains and storms.
- Apart from grates, it is not easy to deep clean the unit.
Things To Look For When Buying A Grill Smoker Combo
With so many varieties of grill smoker combos available on the market, making a selection can be overwhelming. Every product has something unique to offer, thus making it hard for people like us to zero down on a certain product. Therefore, it is important to have certain points in mind that you would like to see in a grill smoker combo for sure.
Optimum Size Of Gas Grill Burner
I have seen with many grills that the size of the burner is small whereas the size of grill grates is large. It doesn’t matter how impressive the casting of grill grates is, if the size of the burner is not in proportion to the grill, then you can never get an even distribution of heat. There will be several hot and cold spots. The number grill burners available in the grill or the great output of the burning unit becomes nullified when you find out that the heat distribution is uneven. So, make sure that the size of the gas grill burner is good enough to distribute the heat evenly.
Source Of Fuel
The majority of the grills make use of two types of heat source, i.e., propane and natural gas. If you are opting for the grill that operates on ‘natural gas’, then you will have to arrange for the same at the grill location. You must know that you can’t run the grill on both fuel sources, so choose the one that is easily available to you. If the grill uses wood pellets, then that’s a whole different story.
Robust Grill Housings & Frames
Check the quality of grill housings and frames whether all the joints have been properly welded or not. Also, check the kind of polish that has been done and the seams. The better the quality is the longer the machine is going to stay intact.
Check the Maximum Temperature Capacity
This can be checked by taking a look at one term, i.e., ‘BTU’. BTU rating is the parameter for checking the temperature capacity, but it doesn’t mean that a higher BTU rating means more heat. If the size and shape of the grill are not right, then no matter how high the BTU rating is, the grill won’t generate optimum heat. A grill that is small in size and shape can generate more heat despite having less BTU.
Know The Material Used In Construction Of Grates
Mostly, the grates are made of stainless steel and cast iron. Some grates are coated with porcelain in order to prevent the food from sticking on the grates. So, you must know as to what material has been used in the grates of the grill because the cleaning process will be carried out accordingly. If the grates are porcelain coated, then you will have to be careful while cleaning as you can brush the grates off, as it will delaminate the coating.
Outline The Features You Want In The Grill
Well, grills these days come with a host of features such as side burners, smoker box, lights, multiple level cooking surfaces and many more. So, take a look at the features available in the grills that you have shortlisted and the grill having all the necessary features is the one you should go with. But, make sure that those features don’t lower the efficiency of the grill.
A manufacturer who can provide multiple years of warranty on its products will definitely pull a significant amount of customers towards itself. A product like Grill Smoker will undergo a lot of wear and tear with the passage of time, therefore, it is important that you get multiple years of warranty to cover the cost of broken parts and other damages to the product.
I hope this review has given you a great insight into the best grill smoker combo reviews consumer report. We have discussed three top products with each having something unique to offer to the users. Now, the ball is in your court, as it is up to you to decide as to which grill smoker combo is well suited for you. Go through the details of the products in order to make a wise decision.
Last Updated on January 10, 2021