Best Fish Oil Supplement Consumer Ratings & Reports 2021
Fish oil supplements are enriched with fatty acids, which help boost your brain and cardiovascular health, make your skin & hair shinier and healthier. Regular consumption of fish oil supplements will also lead to a huge boost in your performance, let it be physical or mental, plus if you ever get injured, the time taken by your body to fully recover will also be less. The need for fish oil supplements is there because a human body is not designed to build those fatty acids on its own.
Therefore, we have to consume them through outside sources, with fish oil supplements being the primary and the safest one. Your body will have a sufficient amount of omega 3, DHA and EPA, with the last two acting as anti-inflammatories. EPA and DHA also help in enhancing physical and mental performance of the body along with speeding up the recovery process.
Now, if you’re interested in fish oil supplements and want to know where to get a reliable one, then I’ve done all the legwork for you and come up with five best fish oil supplement consumer reports. Check below section to find more about them.
Reviews Of 5 Best Fish Oil Supplements Consumer Ratings & Reports
1. Nordic Naturals ProOmega-D
Arguably, the best omega-3 enriched fish oil supplement in the market right now. While anybody can take benefits of this incredible product. However, it is especially recommended for those who are looking to improve their brain health. The fish oil supplement is very useful for people who have suffered from brain injuries. What I like the most about this supplement is a high level of EPA/DHA content besides omega-3 fatty acids. Many doctors recommend this particular fish oil supplement to patients who have suffered from traumatic brain injuries because they know that this supplement can bring huge relief to patients in a short amount of time. Try this fish oil supplement to believe its efficiency.
2. Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega
This is another great product coming from the house of Nordic Naturals. Boasting high levels of EPA/DHA, this fish oil supplement promises to boost heart & brain health, immunity level and cognitive function of the body like never before. This particular supplement right here is known to have more than 1200 mg of omega-3s, which will definitely have a positive impact on your body. The fish oil is obtained from the freshly caught fish from the wild, which ensures that the fish oil is unadulterated and highly potent. Consuming this fish oil supplement capsule for multiple months will improve the functionality of your heart, brain, eye, joint and many other parts of the body.
3. New Chapter Wholemega Fish Oil
When it comes to top-selling fish oil supplements, this supplement from New Chapter is right among the top brands. Every single capsule contains 2000 mg of fish oil, which is quite high, but the level of omega-3 fatty acids is average. Approximately 1/5th of the fish oil in the supplement comes from DHA and EPA. To make up for less omega-3 fatty acids, the capsules contain a good amount of vitamin D that will come into use especially in winter season. The fish oil supplement is enriched with Omega 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 fatty acids as well. You can consider this product if you want to balance out the fatty acid ratio in your diet.
4. WHC UnoCardio 1000+
If you were looking for a fish oil supplement with a high quantity of DHA and EPA, then this is exactly the product you should buy. Every capsule in the jar contains 395mg of DHA and 670mg of EPA respectively. The fish oil is derived from a variety of fish like anchovy, mackerel, herring, and sardine. The fish oil supplement is enriched with vitamin D as well, which is beneficial for your bones and immune system. If you don’t get enough vitamin D through sunlight, then you can get it with the help of this fish oil supplement.
The best thing about this fish oil supplement is that it doesn’t smell like rotten fish because of the rosemary flavor that is added to the fish oil supplement. The product comes from the beautiful nation of Belgium, which is the reason for its high price, but at the same time, it is pure as well. With the intake of this fish oil supplement, you can significantly improve your health in a short period of time.
5. Nature Made Burp-Less Fish Oil
Nature Made is known for making some of the best and most reliable food supplements. This particular fish oil supplement contains a blend of sardine and anchovy. You just need to take two softgels daily with your meals in order to get the best benefits of this incredible product. The oil is coming from the beautiful South-American country named Peru, but the products are tested for quality and safety in the US only.
One serving of this fish oil supplement contains 600mg of omega-3 fatty acids and 500mg of DHA/EPA, which is good for your body, especially when it comes to boosting your heart health. The company has paid extra attention to the complaints of the users who say that they get fish burps after eating fish oil supplements. Each softgel has been coated with a special material to avoid fish burps.
Who Needs To Take Fish Oil Supplement?
Fish oil supplements comprise of pure, concentrated fats that are found in oily fish such as herring, mackerel, and salmon. There are a number of health benefits of these fats such as improve cardiovascular health, brain health, triglycerides, pregnancy and so on.
Moreover, fish oil supplements are also known to reduce the chances of a number of neurodegenerative diseases. Fish oil supplements contain Omega-3’s, which is the main ingredient for which we spend money on these supplements. There are three types of omega-3’s present in fish oil supplements such as EPA, DHA, and ALA. Where EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) are found in fish, eggs, and seafood, ALA (Alpha-linoleic acid) is found in plants such as walnuts and flaxseed.
A human body is capable of converting ALA to DHA and EPA, but that process is slow and can be affected by other factors. To obtain DHA and EPA in the right quantity, you need to consume fish oil supplements, which is the most reliable and readily available source.
Benefits Of Fish Oil
Consumption of fish oil supplements on a regular basis can do wonders for your body. Let’s discern the main benefits of taking fish oil supplements:
- Improve Heart Health: Fish oil has a number of healthy elements, but the one that you need the most is ‘Omega-3 fatty acids’. Regular intake of food that are rich in omega-3 will reduce the chances of coronary heart disease. The risk of getting heart attacks also reduces significantly with a regular intake of fish oil. This is not based on any rumor, but there are proofs all over the web that prove the might of fish oil.
- Triglycerides: Fish oil supplements reduce the triglycerides level in your body without putting any effect on cholesterol. If you consume fish oil capsules enriched with 3.5 grams of omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the triglycerides by up to 27 percent. But, there won’t be any change in the inflammation, cholesterol or endothelial function in your body.
- Cognition & Brain Health: If you continue to take fish oil supplements for 6 months, then you will find a significant improvement in your memory. Moreover, fish oil supplements have shown positive effects on several neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and dementia. Fish oil capsules that are packed with omega-3 fatty acids will improve cognitive function in your body.
- Best Option for Vegetarians & Vegans: Those who follow only a vegetarian diet have lower blood levels of EPA and DHA because their diets don’t consist omega-3 fatty acids. At the same time, the level of ALA will be higher, but then that won’t convert into DHA and EPA that efficiently. Therefore, they can fulfill the requirements through fish oil supplements.
- Excellent For Pregnant Women & New-borns: Pregnant women who consume fish oil supplements will have an optimum amount of DHA, which will play a crucial role in pregnancy duration, birth weight and neurocognitive function of the neonate. Moreover, DHA transfers through the breastmilk, so it will automatically fulfill DHA related requirements in the baby. Breastmilk that is rich in EPA and DHA will improve hand-eye coordination in babies.
Fish Oil Supplements have a wide range of benefits, which I hope you are completely aware of right now. Moreover, you have all the information regarding the best fish oil supplement consumer reports, so what are you waiting for? Go online and make a purchase right now. Fish oil supplements have something to offer to your body from tip to toe, so you must include these supplements in your diet for a healthy life. Therefore, it’s the right time to make a necessary transformation to your body by adding a reliable fish oil supplement to your diet.
Last Updated on January 8, 2021