Best Electric Toothbrush Consumer Report: Reviews & Picks
Are you still using a manual toothbrush? If yes, then kindly switch to an electric toothbrush now because it is a lot more easy and effective to use. When it comes to reducing the plaque content from the teeth, freshening breath and ensuring good oral health, then there is no other brush as good as an electric toothbrush.
Don’t take an electric toothbrush as a luxury item because when you start to use it, you will really feel the difference between it and its manual counterpart. If you are interested in buying an electric toothbrush, then I would like to tell you that it is not going to be a cakewalk finding the right product because there are so many companies with their myriad of options.
If you start looking at all those options, then you probably end up getting all confused. To sort things out for you, I have discerned some of the best electric toothbrush consumer report. If you really want to buy one, then you can select from below-mentioned options.
Reviews Of 5 Best Electric Toothbrushes Consumer Report
1. Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Power Electric Toothbrush
Brushing with this toothbrush is going to make you feel as if you have gone to a dentist and got the best treatment for your teeth, but without any pain or discomfort.
You will feel slight discomfort while using the toothbrush for a couple of times initially, but then, you will definitely feel a change in your teeth because they will be a lot smoother and whiter.
This seems to be a smart toothbrush as it tracks brushing habits with the passage of time and senses when the brushing is done with extra pressure.
The toothbrush sports a 3D cleaning that pulsates rotates and oscillates to break up and eradicate 100 percent more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
You can choose from 6 different modes, which are, whitening, gum care, daily clean, deep clean, sensitive and tongue cleaner.
With this toothbrush, you can expect precise and efficient cleaning due to cross action round brush head and perfectly angled bristles.
You will get two more brush heads as well, which are, sensitive brush head and pro-white brush head, so you can change accordingly.
2. Oral-B White Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Oral-B is a brand to reckon with when it comes to manufacturing oral products. This is a no non-sense electric toothbrush, which you can strictly use to get a perfect white smile along with a comprehensive cleaning of your teeth and gums.
Despite being a high-end product, the product is reasonably priced, so you will not have to shell out much from your pocket.
This particular toothbrush will clean 300 percent more plaque than a manual toothbrush, courtesy of 3D cleaning technology, which lets the brush to rotate, pulsate and oscillate to successfully remove the plaque.
This electric toothbrush is compatible with all other Oral-B brands, so you don’t have to stick to a specific toothbrush head, a big relief in my opinion.
The handle of this toothbrush offers a comfortable grip, and with on/off button, you can access the toothbrush without any issue.
The toothbrush vibrates in every 30 seconds to remind you to move the brush to the next section in your mouth.
This feature packed toothbrush comes with a 2-minute smart timer for effective washing of teeth and an embedded sensor to detect if you are brushing with extra pressure.
The toothbrush works for an entire week after it is fully charged and there is a nifty indicator light to let you know about the low battery of the toothbrush. The only drawback in this product is the absence of cleaning and speeding options.
3. Philips Sonicare 2 Series Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
If you are looking for a fast and pain-free way of cleaning your teeth and gums, then you must get Philips Sonicare 2 Series Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, as it is arguably the best electric toothbrush for problematic gums.
This is an oscillating toothbrush, which works more effectively in cleaning the teeth, but it will not be hard on your gums like many rotating electric toothbrushes.
If you don’t like to use floss, but want to remove plaque, food residue and microbes from your teeth and gums, then you can use this particular toothbrush.
No matter if you have sensitive teeth or gums, have braces on your teeth or implants, you can use this toothbrush easily.
The sleek and angled design of the toothbrush allows it to reach tough spots in your mouth easily. Moreover, a 2-minute timer provided in the toothbrush ensures that each and every area of your mouth is cleaned efficiently.
The only drawback of this unit is that it doesn’t have as many options of brush heads as its closest rival ‘Oral-B’.
This toothbrush may not have fancy features, but it certainly is an effective option when it comes to removing plaque from your teeth and improve the health of your gums.
4. Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips is a renowned brand when it comes to consumer products. This toothbrush from Philips is a fine example of their supremacy in the niche, as the toothbrush is fully capable of delivering the best quality results every single time.
This toothbrush has got both standard and compact brush heads, which you can attach to angled, diamond-shaped bristles.
With this, the toothbrush becomes capable of reaching nook and cranny in your mouth and throw out all the plaque and tooth stains effectively.
The toothbrush is equipped with ‘Sonic technology’, which promises 31,000 brush strokes every minute, the result of which is cleaner and whiter teeth with healthier gums.
Your breath will be a lot fresher with taste buds activated in a much better than ever before. This toothbrush also comes with a smart timer that ensures that you brush for a minimum of 2 minutes.
To remind you to move the brush from the current quadrant to another, the quad-pacer makes a beeping noise after every 30 seconds.
The Philips toothbrush comprises of five cleaning modes of which the ‘Clean’ mode works for 2 minutes daily brushing, ‘Gum Care’ mode works for 3 minutes and ensures healthy gums, ‘Polish’ mode that will properly polish your teeth and make them whiter.
Then, there is ‘Sensitive’ mode for reducing gum diseases and finally, ‘White’ mode that takes care of stubborn yellow or brown stains on teeth.
You will get an indication when the battery of the toothbrush is low, and once the battery is fully charged, then you can use the brush up to 42 times.
5. Waterpik Sensonic Professional Toothbrush
This toothbrush also incorporates sonic wave cleaning technology, which is known for cleaning teeth in the most efficient manner.
The brush heads of this toothbrush have soft, end-rounded bristles, which ensure quick and effective removal of plaque from the teeth.
You will get two cleaning modes in this toothbrush, which I believe is good enough. To get a good grip on the toothbrush, the company has added a contoured and rubberized handle.
Like all the aforementioned models, this toothbrush has too got a 2-minute timer that is going to remind you of moving the toothbrush to different areas of the teeth and gums.
The toothbrush lacks a pressure sensor, but you will not feel the need of it because the cleaning motion of the toothbrush is gentle.
If the battery of the toothbrush is fully charged, then it can last up to an entire week even if you brush twice a day.
The recharge will take 12 hours, so that is a bit longer than many other toothbrushes, but you will be notified when the battery is only 30 percent. Overall, a superb electric toothbrush to clean up your teeth and gums.
Why Should You Switch To An Electric Toothbrush?
There is nothing wrong in using a manual toothbrush when you are using it in the correct manner.
It will do the job of cleaning your teeth and gums as efficiently as an electric toothbrush, but that is what most people don’t do.
They brush their teeth totally wrong, thus resulting in all sorts of teeth and gum problems. This is where electric toothbrushes come to the rescue as they are designed in such a way that they won’t hurt your oral health at all.
You just need to go with the flow of the toothbrush and follow the instructions that are provided in the instruction manual or on the website of the toothbrush model, and you will be able to get rid of oral and dental problems in the comfort of your house.
An electric toothbrush will oscillate, rotate and pulsate much faster than you can possibly manage with a manual toothbrush, which is where it gets far ahead in comparison.
Moreover, it is much easier to use for those who don’t move their hands and/or arms normally.
Moreover, the design of the handle makes it possible to reach areas that are otherwise hard to reach, thus ensuring a cleaner and healthier mouth.
How To Choose The Best Electric Toothbrush
While there are a number of standard features in electric toothbrushes, so to determine the best electric toothbrush, you need to pay attention to the following features.
- Two-Minute Timer: The use of this timer is to let you know that you need to move to another area in your mouth for a complete and efficient cleaning. With the beginning of this timer, the toothbrush either will have strong vibrations or will shut down automatically.
- Quad-Pacer: With this feature, the 2-minute timer is going to be divided into four 30-second intervals. So, you can now brush each quadrant of your mouth equally. In the majority of quad-pacers, you will find short pauses in the vibration or emergence of a short series of pulses to notify you that the time has come to move onto another quadrant.
- Pressure Sensor: The presence of a pressure sensor is going to make sure that you don’t have a brush with extra pressure, which would hurt your gums to an extent that they will start to bleed. The sensor works a lot better in high-end models than in budget models, so make sure you get a high-end electric toothbrush.
- Lasting Rechargeable Battery: An electric toothbrush that has a rechargeable battery is going to allow you much-needed flexibility and decent savings. Moreover, a battery-operated toothbrush usually lasts for 1-2 weeks.
Maintain a good oral hygiene should be your top priority because a small oral problem usually leads to a big one in a matter of a few days. To ensure good oral and dental health, you will have to get the best electric toothbrush consumer report.
You can choose from the aforementioned five options, as those are the top-rated electric toothbrushes in the market today.
- Water Softener Reviews Consumer Report: Best Rated & Picks
- Pool Cleaner Reviews Consumer Report: 7 Best Rated & Picks
- Reviews Of 5 Best Kitchen Faucets Consumer Report: Top Rated
- Best Reverse Osmosis System Reviews By Consumer Report
- Best Recliners Reviews Consumer Report: Top Rated Chairs
- Best Garbage Disposals Consumer Report: Reviews Of Top Rated
- Best Side Sleeper Pillow Consumer Report: Reviews And Picks
- Bathtub Reviews Consumer Report: 10 Best Rated & Picks
- Reviews Of 10 Best Espresso Machines By Consumer Report
- Consumer Report Best Gas Grill: Reviews Of Top Rated Picks
- Patio Furniture Reviews Consumer Report: Best Rated & Picks
- Reviews Of 7 Best Trampolines Consumer Report
- Reviews Of 5 Best Sewing Machines Consumer Report
- Reviews Of 5 Best Coffee Makers Consumer Report
- Reviews Of 5 Best Kitchen Knife Set Brands Consumer Report
- The Best Solar Lights Consumer Report: Reviews Of Top Rated
- Reviews Of 10 Best Meat Slicers Consumer Report
- Best Electric Smokers Consumer Report: Reviews And Ratings
- The Best Pellet Grill Consumer Report: Reviews Of Top Pick
- Consumer Report Best Zero Turn Mowers: Reviews Of Top Rated
- Reviews Of 5 Best Air Fryers Consumer Report
- Consumer Report Best Mattress For Heavy Person: Top Rated
- Reviews Of 5 Best Water Ionizers Consumer Report
- The Best Massage Chair Consumer Report: Reviews Of Top Rated
- Consumer Report Best Water Distillers: Reviews Of Top Picks
- Reviews Of 6 Best Vacuum Sealers Consumer Report
- Best Home Weather Station Consumer Report: Reviews & Picks
- Reviewing 7 Best Recumbent Bikes Consumer Report
- Reviews Of 10 Best Hot Tubs Consumer Report
- Reviews Of 5 Best Dash Cams Consumer Report