Best Clothes Steamer Reviews Consumer Ratings & Reports
Nobody wants to wear an outfit that is full of wrinkles because it doesn’t look good and neither does it leave a good impression on others. For this particular reason, steam irons were developed. They are still being used all around the world, but when it comes to curbing wrinkles from clothes and getting sharp creases, a much better product is available on the market.
I’m talking about ‘Clothes Steamer’, which does pretty much everything a steam iron would do, or should I write, do a lot more than a steam iron because that’s how good it is. If you are looking for an efficient and convenient product to iron your clothes, then you should definitely check consumer reports best clothes steamers. The reports include reviews of five of the best clothes/garments steamers that are ruling the market all around the globe.
Reviews Of 5 Best Clothes Steamers Consumer Ratings & Reports
1. BEAUTURAL Steamer for Clothes with Pump Steam Technology
This 1200-watt clothes steamer is all about power. This unit will clean and sterilize your clothes apart from removing wrinkles in an efficient manner. The time taken by the unit to heat up is 30 seconds, and as it gets heated, you can use the steamer for 15 minutes non-stop, thanks to its 260 ml water tank.
Points That Give This Clothes Steamer An Edge Over Others:
- This steamer comes with a leak-proof design, means you can iron your clothes by placing them flat on the iron board. You won’t find this feature in any other clothes steamers. Moreover, the steamer will shut off when overheated or after eight minutes of inactivity.
- The steamer is suitable for an assortment of fabrics such as cotton, silk, linen, wool, nylon, fiber, plus, polyester and velvet. It doesn’t just steam day-to-day clothes, but many other things such as toys, curtains, branded sofas, table cloths and more.
- It is a portable unit, so you can take it along on trips if you want. This steamer allows you to use steam according to the length and depth of the clothes. For lighter and delicate fabrics, use one-time steam bursts whereas for cleaning large items, constant steam can be provided using the steam-lock button.
- The company offers a 3-month refund assurance on the product along with a 2-year warranty, which shows how confident the company is regarding this steamer.
2. J-2000 Jiffy Garment Steamer With Plastic Steam Head
Jiffy has been manufacturing some excellent clothes steamers of late, and J-2000 is one of them. First thing first, this is not a simple ironing unit, which you will be using to iron your clothes, but it is a multipurpose steamer, which can be used for many other tasks.
Incredible features of the steamer:
- Let me begin with the ample amount of power of the unit, 1300-watt to be precise.
- Then comes the heating time, which is no longer than 2 minutes.
- The unit sports a big water tank that will hold up to a ¾ gallon of water. This much volume of water is good enough to provide you with uninterrupted steam of 1 ½ hour.
- The heating element of the unit is made of solid brass, which is known for its heat properties.
- LEXAN has been used to make the outer surface of the unit, which adds durability to the product.
- When it comes to safety, the company has added an automatic shut-off option, which triggers when the device overheats or not in use.
As far as the drawbacks of the unit are concerned, then there are a couple. First, the wooden handle is attached using metal screws, which can cause burns and second, the hose of the steamer is not as long as it should be.
3. iSteam Multipurpose Steamer
Another portable steamer on the list, but this one is different from others. Want to know how, well, let’s delve into the details of this garment steamer. This is a 4-in-1 steamer, so it will de-wrinkle your clothes and a few more things as well. The best thing about this product is that it steams any fabric, so you don’t have to rely on a steam iron when this steamer is around the corner.
What Makes This Garment Steamer Different From Others?
- Starting from the steam nozzle of the unit, which is designed in such a way that it will distribute the steam evenly.
- The unit heats up in just 60 seconds and provides an uninterrupted steam time of at least 10 minutes.
- A light and portable unit, you can carry this steamer with you on trips, as it doesn’t take much space in your luggage.
- The device can be easily shut off when you find that it has overheated or has a low water level. The device has an automatic shut feature to ensure the safety of the user.
- It is not just used for de-wrinkling the clothes, but also for cleaning and sterilizing them.
- The appliance can be adjusted depending on the fabric you want to de-wrinkle
The company offers a 2-year warranty on the product, just in case anything happens to it.
4. Travel Smart by Conair 450 Watt Dual Voltage Garment Steamer
This clothes steamer is perfect for you especially when you are looking for a sleek and portable unit to carry on trips. With the heating time of 30 seconds, you can quickly get on with the process of eliminating wrinkles from your clothes within a few minutes. The steam time of the unit is 10 minutes, which is not that good, neither it is that bad.
Factors That Go Into The Favor Of This Clothes Steamer Are;
- A product coming from the house of a trusted brand in ‘Conair’.
- A portable unit, which can be easily carried along on trips, as it weighs just 1 lb.
- Fast heating time.
- Steam lasts for 10 minutes before you’d refill it again.
- Not at all pricey.
- 1-year warranty.
The unit is perfect for light and delicate fabrics such as shirts, tops, and other similar wearables. You will not be able to get the desired results when ironing a suit jacket, so don’t even waste your time doing it. The dual-voltage capability of the product makes the unit handy on international trips as well.
5. Lemontec Portable Travel Garment Steamer
Portable clothes steamers are more popular than the regular ones simply because they can be taken along on trips. Lemontec has developed beautiful clothes steamer, which is equipped with some great power and incredible features to make your clothes ironed in no time. I really liked the design of the nozzle from where the steam comes out, as it distributes the steam effectively all over the fabric to obstinate wrinkles.
Features That Makes This Clothes Steamer A Game-Changer Are:
- Portable size.
- The long 2-point power cable that gives you the option of skipping an extension cord.
- The inclusion of an auto shut-off function, which comes into use when the unit gets overheated or when the water level is too low.
- With 60 seconds of heat time and 9 minutes of steam time, this is a perfect unit for last-minute ironing requirements.
When it comes to drawbacks, this unit has one, i.e., the absence of a shut-off button, so the unit keeps on pouring steam until you unplug it from the wall outlet.
Important Things To Consider While Buying The Best Clothes Steamer
With clothes steamers coming in different sizes, you need to figure out whether you want a portable clothes steamer or a large-sized steamer. If you want to take care of your clothes, then a portable steamer would do the job, however, if you plan on using the steamer for other functions such as removing wallpaper from the wall, then portable steam may not be an ideal option. At that time, you will require a full-sized steamer.
Water plays a critical role in working of clothes steamers, so if you are investing in one, then you need to check how much the water capacity of the steamer is. If it takes you more than an hour to iron your clothes, then you will not want the water in the steamer being consumed every 10 minutes. Therefore, you will have to buy a clothes steamer, which has a decent water capacity to allow you to steam clothes for an hour or more without refilling.
The time taken by a steamer to heat up depends directly on the wattage of the unit. Higher water results in quicker steam times, but when it comes to the time taken by water to heat up, then that depends on the size of the water tank.
Buying a product that is covered under warranty is always beneficial because then, you can easily get it repaired or replaced. Different clothes steamer manufacturers offer different warranties, with the most common warranty period lasting a year; however, you will find companies that offer 3-5 years of warranty.
With all parameters checked, it now boils down to the price of the clothes steamer. If the steamer you’ve shortlisted is not coming at your budget, then you need to reconsider the product. Check the kind of features the machine is offering, and if you think, you’d be able to use the machine without a few of those features, then you should certainly look for a model with lesser yet all necessary features that you need in a clothes steamer. Find a product that fits perfectly between your budget and the features you need in a steamer.
Clothes Steamers Vs. Traditional Steam Irons
Wearing properly ironed clothes is something that we all like. To make this happen, steam irons were made, which if I’m not wrong are still used in large numbers all around the world. However, with the advancement in technology, steam irons were replaced with a better product, i.e., clothes steamers.
What gives clothes steamer an edge over a steam iron is giving wrinkle-free clothes in a less amount of time. Moreover, a clothes steamer is much easier to use and maintain, plus it is not as susceptible to damages as a steam iron is. Clothes steamers come in various shapes and sizes, so if you want to take one on a trip, then that can surely be done, courtesy of a handheld steamer. These advanced and sophisticated devices are ideal for soft and delicate fabrics, which can be damaged if not ironed properly.
There is not much difference between the two in terms of pricing, but it is all about the preference of the users, as to which unit they are more convenient with. It is quite certain that a garment steamer is easier to use and maintain, even then, it is not a flawless unit. There are some downsides of a clothes steamer with one being its inability to handle thicker fabrics such as coats and jackets.
Moreover, clothes steamers can’t eliminate stubborn wrinkles from the clothes, especially designer bed sheets, so you’ll have to opt for a traditional heavy iron in order to do that. If you love those sharp and straight creases, then you’ll have to give it a pass to the clothes steamers. For last minute tweak of your dress, you can certainly rely on clothes steamers, as that is what they are made for.
The whole discussion of ‘which is the best clothes steamer’ should not be seen in the context of replacing steam irons with clothes steamer, but the sole motive of the article is to put you as close as possible to the right clothes steamer, so that you could de-wrinkle and clean your clothes in a short period of time. The consumer reports best clothes steamer consists of five top products from which you can decide the one you think is right for the clothes you have in the wardrobe.
Last Updated on December 24, 2020